10/20/2001

The perfect afternoon

On every Friday night, or the night before I am going to have a holiday. I will spare sometime, sit down and thing how could I make the most uses of the coming holiday. I don't mean I want to visit as many places as possible but to make myself as enjoyable as possible. To make things simplier, I would try to make the holiday as "a perfect afternoon".

Coincidentally, I just read an article (indeed, it is the title of the book as well), bearing the same title -- "The perfect afternoon" and I think this is somehow explaining what I might be seeking for.

First of all, the afternoon should be happened in within the city, not in any vacational spot, countryside or alike. This is the basic criteria, we need the pulse of the city, the movement of people but also the peacefulness that exist somewhere around the corner.

What come next is, forget your plan, you simply don't need one. In a perfect afternoon, you will just go out and guide yourself along your senses. During so, take a closer look around the places. You might be very familiar with it, yet, you will see something that will happen only on the day at that time.

Sounds easy?

No.

For too many times, I was taken away by the thought of "not wasting a single second" and ended up spoilt the "perfect afternoon". And the harder I am trying to make myself feel good, the more upset I become and it turns out to be "The Stressful Afternoon".

No comments: