7/03/2005

I learnt about life .. when I am washing the dishes

The family dine at my place frequently in these few days, since the chef, i.e. my dad, has went into the hospital who is suffering from lung cancer.

I was washing the dishes tonight and I think about all the scenario that will be happening ahead, dad suffering from the side effect of radiotherapy, getting in and out of the hospital, receiving phone call from the hospital when the moment has come.

So on so forth.

And then I have realised what life really meant.

Life is like going around the world after reading all the "Lonely Planet" ..

You learnt all the landmark but you don't know the place without getting to it.

I know I will get through all the exam, worrying about my graduation, my career, my marriage, etc. I know that people around me will be leaving one after the other and finally will be my parents and my wife. And at the end of the journey, I will be passed away too.

I know all these but I don't really understand what it is and how to get through in advance. No one can tell me but experiencing it by myself.

4 comments:

++Chloe..... said...

Sorry for interupt. I'm a stranger. Through your diary I can see and I would say you are a bit negative. Anyway there's one thing I wanna mention - you are not walking paths on your own , God is with you always no matter what !

++Chloe..... said...

There's always been something that we can not tackle by ourselves, all we can do is rely to the Almighty God.

T said...

I hope your dad recovers soon and you are happy again!

Agnes said...

hello ..i happens to come by ur blog from surfin my own blog...i understand how u feel ..well i have the same feeling too...tho i believe i am not walkin alone but still theres always something in the heart thinkin what should i do when it comes or how would it be like when it comes but anyways no matter what dont think negative ...everything and every moment has it bright side ..so lift up ur chin and face each day u are gonna face and live happy .i always believe ..a smile a day even at the mirror will make ur day brighter ...give it a try ..if u dont mind heres a hug for u to feel better ..remember..always carry a smile