8/16/2006

The day is getting closer

It is scary in noticing the day is getting closer and closer. The falling in condition, the increased dosage of medication, are all alerting me that I should get ready.

Going through the mental exercise, envisioning what am I going to see and experience, but I am still feeling frightened when it begins to happen.

What am I afraid of? The passing away of dad? The pain in seeing him suffering on each day? The process of after life handling? The taking care of mom?

I have no clue.

I keep telling myself it is a natural process but it doesn't seems to convince my shivering heart. After all, he is my closest one, who has been living through 1/3 of my life. You just can't beat the emotion that comes when you are about to depart from it, but yet, it is just a natural emotion. No one loves to depart, in particular when it means forever.

No comments: