6/16/2004

Shameful

There are lots of achievement that are reached by the Chinese, be it in Sports, Science or even Arts. It is amazing, in terms of volume and the level of achievement.

But I feel shameful as a Chinese.

I feel totally sorry when I look back for the 4000+ years that we have lived through. How many things we have done wrong? And the scale of problem is massive - the burying of scholars by Emperor Qin, the Cultural Revolution, the June Fourth Movement and all the mis-behaving businessmen that could easily be spot in every province throughout China.

Harm is done not only to them(or our?)selves but also to people in different region. I would name it the pest of mankind, of course, we are not alone, there are races who are performing problem to similar scale, too.

To be fair, I don't think I will feel proud of being whatever races, like what I have heard from, mankind is created to destory the Earth. It is fundamentally wrong of being a Human.

No comments: