5/17/2007

Happiness

Happiness is here and now, I have dropped my worries.
Nowhere to go, nothing to do, no longer in a hurry.

Happiness is here and now, I have dropped my worries.
Somewhere to go, something to do, but not in a hurry.

That's not what I said, but from Zen Master Thich Nhat Hanh (一行禪師).

"Here and now", is not a statement, but a realization. We realize it through our breathe, we free ourselves from the prison of the past, and no going to worry about the unknown future. We treasure the present moment, no matter how minute it is. The cup of tea we sip, is a gift from the cosmos, nourish the leaves and finally given to our cup.

We don't need a visa, or to be dead in entering the buddah land, or the heaven if you believe in God. We can enjoy our wonderful moment here and now.

No comments: