8/12/2004

Birthday

Today is my birthday, the 31st birthday that I have gone through. Unlike others, I am spending my day with my mom, who is staying in the hospital.

Luckily, she is doing good and is recovering from the flu and inflammation that she has got over the weekend. Hopefully, she will be out of the hospital on tomorrow morning.

Birthday, is already not a special occasion to me, but it is still a nice happening since I can give myself an excuse to buy something for fun. Other than that, it's more or less the same as the rest of the 365 days that you and me are going through.

In another 2 weeks, I will be having a vacation since March, going to Taiwan with Annis, the place that I would call my "Second Home". It's already my fifth or sixth visit but I am still very excited. I am looking forward to go over there, to meet my friends and the places that I feel familiar with.

It is all about the experience, the life style that I am going to live with. The atmosphere in the coffee shop, the friendliness among me and my friends, the cultural impact from the bookstore, the CD store. The way of living that I can feel re-assure and harmonized. I will not feel the emptiness of losing myself.

Whereas in Hong Kong, I could feel myself an isolated one, an alien to the society. I feel insecure, hollow and losing the momentum and direction of moving forward. That's why I enjoy reading; to fit myself into the world of my desire and writing to reshape myself into the reality.

No comments: