2/20/2001

The Funeral
Chances are, you have no say on what you like or dislike on your own funeral.

I have always been thinking on the music that I would like to listen to - suppose I have the ability - before my departure.

They might sound boring to some of my friends but what the heck, this is something for me, right?

OK, here is my list... Friend, it is no easy task to prepare 10+ hours of music X)

Bruckner #7,
Bach Suite #1-6,
Beethoven #9,
Tchakovsky string quartet #1,
Borodin string quartet,
Barber Adagio,
Rachmaninov Vocalise,
Brahms sym. #4,
Chopin Waltz

What else? Maybe some Jazz. It should be less boring,

John Coltrane Ballade,
Round Midnight,
Some Monks, Bill Evans and Miles Davis will be great.

It might be 30 or maybe even 40 years from now on while I will be listening to music composed about or more than 100 years ago, isn't that interesting?

No comments: